Monday, January 11, 2010

Time to Get Back on Track

I admit it. Blogging is hard for me. I usually don't feel like there is enough going on of interest in my life to get on here regularly. Being out of the country was motivation to share our experiences with family and friends, but now that we are home and back into the normalities of life, I start wondering about this idea of sharing the details of our daily life with everyone. Is anyone really that interested? If yes, why? What I have decided is that if nothing else, it is a record of our family that we will enjoy looking back on, and it is an exercise in the discipline of writing for me, which is something I would like to improve.

The highlights of the last half of this year include, but are not limited to:

Steve's annual trip with the girls to the Fort Bridger Mountain Man rendez-vous, which to his dismay focused on the discovery of BOYS. This has led to in-depth planning on what to wear the following year, and preparations to be sure to have a special dress to wear to the Buckskin Ball.



Brinnan getting her braces off: we've always thought she was a beauty, but wow! That's a superstar smile! She has also officially surpassed me in height. It will be interesting to see just how tall she gets! As soon as school got started, Brinnan was involved in Canyon View Junior High's production of "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat." It was a spectacular production and a lot of hard work. They did a great job.

Aubree has been on the Orem High Ballroom Dance Team and is enjoying her first year in High School. She is performing in the upcoming musical "All Shook Up," and has been in choir. The high school Christmas Choir Concert was one of the highlights of the season--we thoroughly enjoyed it.

Campbelle has progressed from wearing only a diaper for the first half of the year, to wearing pajamas 24/7 (except for the three hours on Sunday, when I insist she wears a dress to church). She has been enjoying the co-op preschool we have been doing twice a week with two other friends, and has been potty-trained for a while now (a miracle to me, since, for a long time, she insisted that she LOVED her diapers and didn't want to be a big girl--thank goodness for a Mickey Mouse book she wanted badly enough to decide to use the potty!).

Steve had an opportunity to go to Cuba. It was an amazing experience with lots of amazing pictures. Here is a link to his photos: http://picasaweb.google.com/sschill/2009_10_Cuba?feat=directlink

He is currently in St. Kitts and Nevis working on a project. He was asked to do a blog on the project, so those of you interested in what he is up to, it can be found at http://mapskn.blogspot.com.

As for me, I hit a milestone this year, turning 40! I actually got a trip to Paris out of it, so it was almost worth it--almost. I will be working on posting corresponding pictures soon.

Hopefully, everyone is starting out on a great note this new year/new decade. Hopefully, I can rededicate myself to writing! Hopefully, someone out there will still check in after this length of time, because even though I say I'm doing this for myself, it's hard not to get excited when I come back and find that someone has left a comment! Here's to a new year!

7 comments:

Susana said...

Jennifer, I so hope you will blog regularly!! I have your blog in my sidebar and I honestly check it daily to see if you've updated, waiting anxiously.

I could care less if you blogged about what you cooked for dinner and the sale you found at the store, I'd still want to read--I am not kidding:-).

I blog strictly for me. I do it because I totally love it, it's an awesome daily journal and record for my family and I love seeing the family pictures I take on the computer screen--ok, that's pretty conceited, but it's true.

So, please blog. I'll be waiting for another update:-)!!

julie said...

I am happy that you updated!! I will always check it! I love seeing what is going on and I love the photo links you put on. You are an amazing writer! :) Miss you all!

Kirstin said...

Yay! I am excited to have another regular to stalk. It motivates me to blog regularly when I see the posts from others. Yous blog is fun to read and I am glad I will be able to check in! Way to go!

Olivia McCord said...

You are a great writer, which makes for entertaining reading. Good luck keeping up with your blog. I've been slacking lately, so maybe we can motivate each other:)

Olivia McCord said...

Oh yes, you should totally take before and after pics of your painting projects!

WUlate said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
WUlate said...

Hi Jen,

Well, always consider that whatever might seem common and daily to you there (like for example how to cope with all that snow) might be fascinating for some of us in different latitudes! So keep it up! ;-)

And it is always good to know you guys are doing well!

Regards!

William.