| From Market Day |
Saturday, February 21, 2009
"Classic"
I had to include a picture of the car Ryan found for us. Everytime I look at it, I think of Noah and Teej (Ryan's boys) and think "Classic!" Ryan nicknamed it "El Tractor" which is a perfect fit! We even had a classic Costa Rica moment with it when Ryan, Steve, and George were driving it and the bus in front of them ran over a plastic container of motor oil and it exploded all over the car. They washed it off the best they could, but I think there will be a permanent souvenir of that experience. We had a great morning going to the market (please keep in mind that we left at about 6:30 a.m. when looking at the pictures). I am starting to understand a few things, but I still get a lot of blank stares when I try to speak. :) It is fun to see Campbelle say "Hola!" and "Grass" (gracias) to Mercedes (our maid) and she is starting to count in Spanish along with the children's shows she watches--it hasn't phased her at all that they are in a different language. It has been so fun to see how well everyone is adjusting--definitely a blessing. I love my family! (If you click on the picture, there will be a few more that pop up.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I'm so glad you updated your blog -it's great to see pictures and hear how you are doing. What a great experience for you girls to learn spanish. Ask Mercedes if she wants to come back to Orem and we can share her when you return:) Actually, if we have a girl we plan on naming her Mercedes.
I loved all your pics. It looks like you are all doing well. Nice ride...what a sweet car. It is fun to catch up and see what you are all up to. We will have to skype soon. P>S. I love you r background!
The market looks like a fun experience. I bet all that fresh produce is so good!
Post a Comment